Friday, January 27, 2012

Ray, thank you for providing high-quality customer service. Great job.

"I had decided to try selling my 2005 Honda through AutoTrader's "Trade-In Marketplace" Their " Instant Trade-In offer was much lower than expected but I decided to call one of the listed dealers and see if they could offer more than AutoTrader's guaranteed offer. Since there were only three dealers that would take a "trade-in" w/o buying a car from them, I called all three and made appointments. ( I didn't want to deal with selling my car to a private party - but I would have no choice if I couldn't increase the amount of the "guaranteed" offer ) My first stop; was at Sunnyvale Toyota and I met with Ray Balba the Vehicle Acquisition Manager. He inspected my vehicle and actually said that my low mileage Honda was in excellent shape - except for the 2 front tires. From past experience - When a salesperson "test drives" a trade-in, they always find something wrong with the car - usually 3 or 4 items. They never use the term "excellent" when buying a car - only when they are selling a car. Ray was different, He gave a very fair and complete explanation of my selling options - and his offer was well above my AutoTrader offer. He also said that I could make more money ( 3000 or so ) by selling it myself. It was my choice. " take your time - check as many places as you want or sell it to a private party." No pressure whatsoever. This is NOT my usual experience with auto dealers - by any means."

http://bit.ly/wLHj0s

No comments:

Post a Comment